DC

Looks like Kirk Kerkorian lost his fraud merger case against DC

Dave Milne

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

:-(

oh well, at least dennis kicked their ass.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

he didnt lose either, he won in court and sold them both to d/c.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

If memory serves, Dennis didn't win any judgement in the case, he settled out of course and came away with a very nice settlement, and relocated his operation to Arizona.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I think you are incorrect. What I remember: Dennis tried to settle with DC, DC forced the issue and filed a suit, Dennis filed a counter suit, it went to court and Dennis won.

I tried to look up the story that was at:

and it is no longer there.

He may have made some other deal after the suit for the names and such. Given DC's track record and knowing what I know about there their lawyers on staff, I find it is almost unbelievable that DC would settle out of court, besides the fact I don't remember it that way.

--James

Reply to
RocknCJ

Actually Dennis owned the tradermark, and filed the initial suit and D-C countersued. D-C tried all sorts of courtroom procedures and motions to try to get past the fact they had no legal leg to stand on. If memory serves, D-C settled once all avenues were exhausted, but now that you mention it I am not sure the fact that he did at one time say he's not able to discuss the amount of money he got tells me that there was a settlement and a non-disclosure agreement in regards to the settlement. You'd think if he won a jury trial, the sum would be a matter of public record...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I found an email reply from Dennis (from an inquiry about his price list):

----- Original Message ----- From: "Special Forces" To: Matt Macchiarolo Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 12:50 PM Subject: Rubicon

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks on both accounts. I must have remember the judges rulings you cited without realizing that DC could take it further if they choose to, albeit they would have lost (according to all accounts).

Next time I go through Sedona I should look him up. Man, I just couldn't imagine living there, with all the "artsy fartsy" clowns and the cali transplants that want to rule that place. To each their own.

--James

RocknCJ