Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

OMG! Doug, that's just WRONG!

Reply to
SVTKate

I followed one of those ricer wannabes when returning from the market this evening. When he got in a turn lane and I passed him it turned out to be driven by an actual adult!

He didn't have any stickers though

Reply to
Billy Ray

Borla makes a nice sounding exhaust for TJ/4.0 . A friend has it. "sporty" Not super loud and doesn't sound like it belongs on a 350.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian

Is that the stainless steel setup? Does it clear a trailer hitch?

My '99 will soon need an exhaust, and I can install the cat-back Borla for what a local shop would charge to install crappy stuff. I know I can install the same crappy stuff cheap, but if I'm going to put out the effort, I'd rather use good stuff.

Reply to
B a r r y

Any exhaust can be made to clear a trailer hitch. don't get too wrapped up on that.

I bought the Borla header, then took my Jeep to the local muffler shop - a Mom & Pop operation - and had them craft the rest of the exhaust system for me. Actually, I had an exhaust failure and they made the system, then 6 months later I got the Borla and had them graft the system to my header.

In any case, they put in a few custom bends and welded the brackets where they needed to be to fit around stuff that had to be there.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I want to know where they can get away with charging almost $500 for a cat-back that goes for $90 here (for the longer XJ)

Reply to
Billy Ray

Even stroked, it's still not a big block..

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Never underestimate the value of having such shops. There's a place like that in Baltimore I've used for years for everything from duals on coupe devilles to my XJ. Have to say, however, that the noise of glasspaks on a caddie gets annoying a mite quicker than you'd expect.

Reply to
wkearney99

SVTKate did pass the time by typing:

:) I know, isn't it grand!

Reply to
DougW

SVTKate proclaimed:

How much is a Trail Rated badge worth?

Reply to
Lon

Neither is the 427 in the Z06 Corvette. I suspect the poor motor will get over the shame quicker than the uninformed.

Pi-Eyed Piper proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Trail Rating does not get you any horsepower or torque but it is good for 2 inches of ground clearance.... or is it 3?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
Eric

Mine lasted 6 or 7 years and did blow out at the side seam. It was under warranty.

I had a water in the gas or just crap gas issue once about 5 years ago and was throwing 3' and longer flames out my tail pipe for the whole tank everytime I slowed down. I burned the tank off road at least so I didn't scare the crap out of cars in the next lane. I'll bet that didn't do the seams any good.....

Mike

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Luckily you didn't start a forest fire.

Reply to
Billy Ray

There was 2' or more of snow down and it was pissing rain when we went into the bush, but I did watch how close I got to anything on that side, that's for sure.

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I would say that the Zo6 engine would command a little more respect than an I6, regardless of the way it has been beefed up. But we weren't talking about the new 70K vette.We were talking about a TJ, remember?

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I really like the sound and toughness of the Ravin muffler/catback system...sounds nice n' throaty and they're built to take a pounding off road... My ZJ I went with a cheapy Pro-Flo...tough as nails and sounds deeper but not quite "Bad Azz"

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY