Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

Matt Macchiarolo

I would say that the Zo6 engine would command a little more respect than an I6, regardless of the way it has been beefed up. But we weren't talking about the new 70K vette.We were talking about a TJ, remember?

Or, you're right he can stick a big fart can muffler on this 6banger and impress everyone.

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:

The I6 is more impressive when you get rid of the muffler and cat all toghether and just let it breath free right out of the collector.

(yea, I did that for a sec after putting the new header on...) freeping LOUD!

Reply to
DougW

And your not going to exchange pistons between the four liter and

258" either, but it's the same engine, except the addition of a water pump and filters. Same seven mains. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Matt Macchiarolo wrote:
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I have a 4.2 with a pacesetter header 2.25" all the way back, no CAT and a cheapy cherrybomb turbo II (fake dynomax, flowmaster type, not the thrush rattlecans) I like the way it sounds, has a nice little rumble, but it isn't a V8. Unfortunatly I did the exhaust at the same time as a new carb and nutters bypass..I noticed a HUGE difference in power, HUGE, but I dont know how much was exhaust and how much was header...

Still wish it was a V8

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper