Can wheels be painted?

I have wheels with the inner area (beadlocks?) black and the rim part chrome. I would like to have these all black if possible. Is it possible to paint these myself without the paint flaking off in a month? If so, what process would I go through to prep and paint?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

I've never heard of a way to successfully paint a chromed part. You can try sanding it, but I expect the paint will blow off the next time you hit the wheel with a pressure washer.

I suggest that you have the wheels stripped to bare metal by a professional plating company. Look in the Yellow Pages.. Then you can prime and paint, or have the parts powder coated.

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

William Oliveri did pass the time by typing:

This link will get you going but my experience is painting over chrome is a real pain in the butt.

DougW

Dont know about Crome, But the local Sandblaster will:

sand blast and PowerCoat for $25 each.

Have several buddys with nice looking wagon weels. . .

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan