CB Chatter Channel for Jeepers

Gi'day Group. Can anyone tell me what the common CB channel for People in Jeeps use? Is it channel 4? TIA. Cheers

Reply to
FrankW

I've never heard of a "Jeep Channel" on CB. You use whatever channel your group decides to use.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > Gi'day Group.

Reply to
twaldron

Most of the groups here in Ontario Canada use CH 5, Our RAMJ+W group usually uses CH 16 or 4x4 which is an idea I picked up from the Nova Scotia Jeep club. When I am in logging territory I ask the loggers what channel they are using and we use that channel so they know when we are on the trails, usually 17.

Mike

Mike Romain
28 or 4 or 5 mostly in my area. Depends on how many groups we have wheeling. We try to space them 2 channels apart for organized events. Also, whatever the loggers are running, or the miners, or whomever we are dodging on the roads.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I remember stumbling on an old website (too lazy to google it now) that made some mention of certain channels for certain East/West or North/South Highways...and also some correlation to their being an odd or even number.

Ya...k> Oceanside, California Channel five in caravan and camp, 21 I-5, 19 > I-15.

Reply to
sb