Check Engine Light

Hi all. I just replaced my cracked exhaust manifold with a banks power torque tube and now my chek engine light is on. I tried to pull the codes by cycling on/off 3 times but I can't get the engine light to flash any codes. The vehicle is a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L I-6 with 160K miles. She quiter and runs smoother now except for the check engine light being on. Please help. TIA. Fernan

Reply to
F.D.S.

Don't know if yours is different than mine as I have the Mopar MPI kit but the process for returning codes on mine is:

On - Off - On - Off - On

If that's what your doing then we're in sync.

Perhaps something's going on with the O2 sensor. You could check the wiring to make sure there's no frayed areas or something that could cause a problem.

The next thing is to find a shop who can hook up to the harness and read the codes.

hth,

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri