CJ7 Project for Sale

First, let me say I hope I'm not violating any newsgroup charter with this, but:

I have a 1986 CJ-7 in my basement which is for sale in part or in whole. I would rather sell it as a whole.

It was gently rolled by my cousin, resulting in the hard top being destroyed, and the left rear corner being crunched.

It needs a hood, front grill, radiator, fan and left front fender. Left side of windshield is bent a little, as is the window frame of the hard left door.

The engine is out and on an engine stand. Was going to restore, wife says get it out. I lost the coin toss.

Windshield glass is still fine.

This was originally a 2.5 four cylinder vehicle, but converted to the 258 six.

It has a running 258 six, but it smokes and has timing chain slap noise, it has a perfect condition 4spd manual I think it's an AX4, and a Dana 300 transfer case. I believe it has a Dana 20 rear end, but not sure of the front. It is original.

It has relatively new custom driveshafts due to the engine swap.

All lights and gauges work, even ones in the damaged front end, which has been stripped of the damaged sheet metal.

Interior is all there but front seats need to be recovered.

Frame is straight with no rust. It has the original white spoke mag wheels, the fifth (spare) is bent but there.

It is an original NC vehicle, one owner, and belongs to my cousin, I am selling it for him.

It can be had as a whole for $700 bucks. I have clear title, still in my cousins name.

If anyone is interested, you can let me know and I'll answer any questions.

Spdloader

I can be reached at :

spdloader

at

excite

dot

com

Reply to
Spdloader

I'm sorry but I can't help but ask: how did you manage to get a CJ7 into your basement?!

Reply to
griffin

My house sits crossways on a hill. I have a garage door going into the basement on the end.

......and, I drove it in there.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Cool, that must come in handy for storage and project-building.

Reply to
griffin

Private sales are welcomed by the Charter.

That is a decent price for a parts vehicle, especially if it isn't rusted out.

Too bad you are so far away and in a different country. I need a frame for mine in the worst way....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - G> First, let me say I hope I'm not violating any newsgroup charter with this, > but:
Reply to
Mike Romain

Yeah, it really does come in handy, but it also "catches" everything else that needs to be out of sight as well.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

He doesn't really say where it is, just that it's "an original NC vehicle" but from his email it sounds like he's in the Greensboro NC area.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Yep, sorry, I'm in High Point, NC just south of Greensboro. Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Hey, my bro lives in HP, if you've ever seen this drive around you've seen him

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I new he and you had the same last names, (I've talked with him before online,) but I didn't know you were brothers!

I've seen his car, but before I knew who he was. I've never met him in person. Tell him he needs to go to the Thursday night car show at the old Roses store on South Main St. with his car, and let me know when he'll be there.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Yep, he is the oldest of four, I am the youngest. Macchiarolo is a pretty rare name at least in North Amercia, more than likely I am related to any you might meet.

Will do. When he graduated from college I got the Torino until I graduated from hight school...oh what memories...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo