CJ8 front springs & stabilizer bar removal

Got the replacement rear springs on. Not without incident and I'll report later when project is completed.

Now the front -- old spring is off and new spring is in place.

But I cannot remove the top connecting link pin holding the connecting link to the stabilizer bar!

The instructions that came with the lift kit just say to "remove" it. The actual CJ shop manual indicates the same thing and seems to show it in a diagram as a sort of sleeved bolt (calls it a "connecting link pin").

I cannot get the new spring mounted in place until I get this connecting link pin removed. I'm stuck; dead in the water.

How do I do this -- help please ....

Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pomeroy

dissconnect the links at the spring plates and remove the sway bar from the 2 frame mounts. once out, stand it upright with the link hanging off a ledge (worktable or whatever) and strike the pin out with a hammer....being carefull not to mess up the threads (I leave the nut on 2/3rds of the way for this)

Reply to
Onlyinajeepcj7

sawzall?

BFH and attitude problem?