CJ8 leaf springs -- what should I do?

Leaf springs appear very worn; worse on the front where it appears to be dropped a couple of inches on each side. Very noticeable. (These springs are barely more than flat.)

Just got new tires and alignment at my long-time favorite alignment shop. They found nothing else wrong.

Rear springs are better, but one side was rebowed (not sure about the correct term) several years ago.

I want to keep this CJ8 mostly stock, and almost all driving is on pavement. So I certainly don't want a serious (if any) lift.

Looking through 4wd and other catalogs most of what I see are lift kits.

Suggestions, please on what I should do? What are my options? What is available? What should I buy??

Thanks for all advice & suggestions ......

Mike Michael Pomeroy

Reply to
pomerom

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Jeepster

When I needed new springs I just went to a local truck spring shop and they ordered in new ones made to CJ7 specs. I wanted a 2.5" lift so they got one spring arched already that way and manually arched the others to match. They used the heavier pre-arched spring in place of the second leaf down.

It has held great since 2000 and I bounce her pretty hard off road.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I got mine installed as well for that....

Canadian too...

Mike

Jeepster wrote:

Reply to