CJ8 parts availability

I am going to look at a CJ8 tomorrow morning, but I was wondering in the availability of parts for these, since they weren't produced in nearly the numbers that the CJ7's were. I am mainly concerned with finding body parts that are unique to the CJ8 in case there is a need for them.

This particular Jeep is in Wisconsin, but hasn't spent all its life there. Obviously I am going to check out the frame and tub for rot, and the general mechanical soundness. Is there anything else I should specifically look for?

Thanks guys and gals. Chris

Well, I went and looked at this Jeep yesterday, and like is very common, the vehicle was in much worse shape than advertised. The bed area is rotted in several places and the frame has seen better days. Thing ran like a watch, but unfortunately the foundation is not in good shape.

Chris

There are quite a few places which sell body tubs and body kits for CJ8's. You ought to check into how much they'll cost and then go back and beat the guy up for a good price for his rig since it's rotted.

specifically

Reply to
Nat Man

Thanks, I did find a few sources since I posted this too, including one that is fiberglass, so that is a consideration too, especially since they use so much salt here in the winter.