Currie Anti Rock??

Anyone running the Currie anti rock...

just looking for the good and bad of it....it really looks like a slick rig... thoughts??

Jeff '03 TJ & '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeep

Fellow club member here has one. Looks slick. He said he wouldn't want to use it on a daily driver, though, unless you adjusted it for street conditions after wheeling.

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I have them on my 01 TJ. I'm lazy so I set the adjustment in the middle and drive on/off road like that. Well, sometimes I adjust for off road. I love the way the system helps the rear suspension stay more stable which keeps the Jeep more level over during off camber and crossing gullies and such. On road it's not bad and while my Jeep is not a daily driver I have driven hundreds of miles to a trail head or family visit. I generally flat tow it behind my motor home and tire wear is not a problem. MTR's - 35 inch.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Don't have any personal experience, but once read a review of them saying that it's not as good off-road as completely disconnecting your sway bar, and it's not as good on-road as having a normal swaybar connected. I guess it's a compromise in both directions for the truly lazy.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

And that review would be totally wrong. An Antirock from Currie does not decrease 'usable' articulation or flex... note I said USABLE.

Is it any good? John Currie won the overall US-wide ARCA rock crawling championship running front and rear Antirock offroad swaybars. Do you think not having his anti-swaybars disconnected helped or hendered his TJ's ablities during the competition? Since he won the overall US championship, it's a pretty fair guess it helped.

Those who run them know how well they work, those who don't, don't.

Jerry

Ruel Smith wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

And, if they didn't help, they sure as Hell didn't hurt.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III