Damn thieves

OK, all, in the past two weeks the TJ was parked at the house, except for last night when I drove it to the office. Tonight I was installing the hard top and noticed my front license plate was gone. It looked like this:

but it had a chrome frame and 2 Mag-Lite clips that I used to attach it to the roller fairlead of my winch.

This plate is really hard to find. I know it's a long shot and I'll probably never see it again but anyone in Southeast Michigan please kinda keep an eye out. I have my suspicions as to when it was taken.

Thanks in advace

Matt

--

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

Tag laws apply only for the state in which the vehicle is registered. They can't ticket you. There is a Federal law on that somewhere but I'll have to look for it later.

Reply to
DougW

Michigan doesn't require a front license plate...Like I'm going to buy a new Michigan plate if I drive to Kalifornia...Ohio requires a front plate, drive there all the time, haven't been ticketed yet....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Exactly my point. If I had moved to Kalifornia, I obviously would have been required to obtain a front plate. But the chances of me ever moving there are less than the chances of me getting hit by lightning three times today....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Nope, what Bill said. I have seen lots of stickers saying that. A buddy in a cab even had it on his dash.

Mike

twaldr>

Reply to
Mike Romain