Darn Tire Pressure sensors

Mike you need to sneak over the border and fill up with some American made Nitrogen...

Reply to
billy ray

philthy

Reply to
philthy

WHAT? The nitrogen pitch is just marketing bullshit? I'm so shocked that I may not sleep well tonight.

I could not care less about the lack of 'pressure loss' when using nitrogen: I actually slap a guage to my tires every couple of weeks and if they're low, I fire up the compressor and fill 'em up, including the spare.

But being able to brag to your buddies that you have pure NITROGEN in your meats really sounds cool! LOL!

Reply to
Outatime

Plus, you get a set of those cool green stem caps! :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

And then figure out how to get through Customs. ;-)

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I check all five about once a month. If you lived where I did, you would do so too. Or get some good hiking boots.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

He probably wouldn't have any more trouble than I did...

Reply to
billy ray

I will have to agree!

There was a good discussion on another group about this and I believe the consensus was that 'race' cars use the nitrogen tanks to fill tires because it is the cheapest and easiest to get. Compressed air apparently is an unusual gas to sell in bulk tanks.

Mike

Mike Romain

I would leave 'my' Jeep muddy....

Mike

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That could well be a part of it......... had to spend that Canadian money somewhere and there are only so many donuts you can eat!

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
Will Honea

No scientific proof to back up my claims, just my log book of my racing days. I was told my other racers who raced a long time that nitrogen doesn't expand and contract as much when the tires heat up. Our stock car tires had to be constantly monitored to keep the tire stagger set at a certain amount for proper handling. Looking at my log books, I see some truth to this. The tires did not grow in diameter as much when we used nitrogen as opposed to compressed air. The tires used by our local tracks for the class of cars I raced were notorious for changing drastically in diameter, but the changes were not consistent from tire to tire for several reasons. This was the biggest benefit of the nitrogen for us, but it was also the fact that the bottle was nice to have there to eliminate the need for a compressor at the track. You could power all your air tools and fill your tires for several weeks on one bottle of nitrogen,

Chris

philthy

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III