Detuned 4.0L ?????

Hello Group After reading from one of Bills links I came across a statement that the 4.0L engine is detuned for the Wrangler

this true? Is this also true for a 01TJ? Thanks in advance Regards Frank

Reply to
FrankW

FrankW did pass the time by typing:

Nope, it's bull. My ZJ has the same "restrictor plate" which actually is a venturi used to provide vacuum to the evaporative canister. Without that doodad your canister will cement up and performance will really go down.

Nope, it's still bull, just a different texture.

Reply to
DougW

Measure the diameter of your throttle body bore, then measure the diameter of the ventura in the intake - you'll find that the intake ventura is substantially larger than the throttle body bore. Unless aerodynamics has changed since I last took the course that ventura cannot affect the air flow to the intake manifold. It actually works simply because of the compression/expansion of the stream flow with no effect on the mass flow rate.

Wish I owned patents on snake oil...

Reply to
Will Honea

Well I won't bother taking it out then. Maybe I'll get one of those throttle body vortex devices that I keep seeing on late night TV instead ;^)

Wblane