Door Alignment Problem - '93 ZJ

A few days ago, I wounded our '93 ZJ. I was parked on about a

15-degree slope down on the driver's side. I started to open the driver's door and it slipped out of my hand. When it swung to the bottom of the travel, there was a loud "POP." Now the door is about 1/4" low at the back, and hits the latch hook when closing. It still closes, but I don't like the banging on the latch.

I don't see any cracked welds or other visible damage. I could take it to a body shop, but I wonder if I couldn't just nudge it back into alignment. My idea is to take a 2X4 and place it under the door, and lift gently with a jack to try to move it back up 1/4". Is this reasonable, or am I likely to damage something else?

Reply to
Dick

Your method might work but use a block under the door to avoid bending the lip. However there's most likely a weld broken somewher.

Jobo

Reply to
Jo Bo