Drove a JK Unlimited Rubi

My coworker's cousin has a JK Unlimited Rubicon and he let me drive it last night. I can't say I was disappointed, although it was way too nice inside for my taste. It has an auto tranny, he said he ordered a six speed first, but it was too anemic so he sent it back. With the auto, it seemed to have plenty of get-up-n-go. The 17" rims are absurd, luckily he's lifting it and throwing 35"s on

15" rims on it. Apparently, he can fit the 35s with only 3" of lift. He said 37s would fit with a 4" lift. I don't know what kind of suspension travel that allows or what kind of rubbing that would do with full stuff, though. I imagine it requires some fender hacking, too. I can't imagine putting 37s on with everything else being stock, but I think it's pretty cool that it's possible.
Reply to
The Merg

He may not have enough clearance for his brakes with a change down to 15 from 17 inch wheels, DC has been enlarging brake rotors to improve braking (I do not know if this includes the JK)

The big problem with 17s at the moment is lack of tire choices.

Reply to
billy ray

I'm thrilled that mine came with 16's....

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Big wheels with thin tires are the opposite of everything truely off road.

...and they look WAAAAY too Ghetto!

Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry