Exhaust Manifold Fixed - A Big Thank You!!

Thanks a million to everyone that helped me out. It ended up taking all day but I got that b@$t@rd replaced...ended up doing some contortions I haven't tried since I was a much younger man. Used pretty much every extension and universal joint I own. The real fun was doing the torque sequence...holy cow I'm out of shape. Found 2 breaks in the old manifold. What a piece of crap that was.

One problem left for tomorrow. Couldn't get the fuel injectore to seal properly. Looks like I need to get some new o-rings. Got a little exciting when I fired up the jeep and she started spraying gas all over the place. If I can stay awake long enough tonight I'll throw some quick pics up on a page for anyone interested.

Jerry S.

99 TJ
Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

Links to pics of the manifold, if you are interested.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

like the "Oops I didn't mean to include this" :-) I guess I'll be following you down that route at some point, but no cracks so far ... least not ones I'm aware of :-)

Dave Milne

Jerry Slaughter did pass the time by typing:

Always use new o-rings, they are cheap. Use a toothbrush and some TB cleaner to shine up the holes and a bit of engine oil on the o-rings to help them slip in. And don't forget the injector clips.

Reply to
DougW