Fan Speed doesn't work

I have a jeep, tj 1997. Yesterday, the temp was some what cooler and I turned on the fan to remove the moisture on the wind shield. Only setting number 4 was working. Nothing happen one the first 3. Any ideas on this guys?

Reply to
denis roy

its either the resistor 12 bucks or the control unit 60 bucks both 10 minute fixes

Reply to
J. Sprauer

That is normally a failed resistor pack located in the bottom of the heater box by the passenger's feet.

Mike

denis roy wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

sometimes due to a failing fan that burns out the resistor pack. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
Steve Brady

Reply to
Will Honea

There is a resistor pack that has blown out.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Ok, so, it prabably the resister block, any one know what the part number is?

Reply to
denis roy

No,, but the guys at the parts department know it. I'm not gonna bet any money, but I'd guess you can find them on eBay.

I'd even guess that it isn't a dealer item, and they are out in the after market.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

that thermo fuse that costs about $0.85 at Radio shack. Now WHY did it blow? Is the blower motor going bad and drawing too much current?

Reply to
One out of many daves

I have no Idea, It could of went 2 months ago and I wouldn't of known it.

Reply to
denis roy