Ford Six in a CJ??

He', Has anyone done or heard of a Ford inline six (300ci/4.9L) mated to the CJ drive train. I have an F-150 with a very good engine and manual trans but the body is bad.

-- mike

Reply to
namexa

A little info here:

On thispage someone asked about a 300 swap like yours, it referred to anotherthread on the site, but I couldn't find it. Maybe you can. A few comments here. Some of the Jeep transmissions have a Ford bolt pattern on them so this would help. My concerns would be the length of the engine, oil pan clearance, motor mounts, radiator & hoses, and exhaust. I like engine swaps, and this one is interesting, but they can get very pricey, very fast. If you are doing this to get a cheap engine into your Jeep, then this is probably not the way to go. There are a lot of plus and minuses to most engine swaps.

Regards Chris

Harold Hoover

Though the inline 6 of the Toyota FJs was a great engine, the weight in a Jeep would be prohibitive. The weight of the engine would be tremendously more than that of a 4.2 engine. Toyotas are notorious for Chevy 350 swaps since they are much lighter and more power.

Reply to
WillysGuy