gauges go dead

Ok twice now I've been driving down the road and all gauges on the instrument panel go limp and the airbag light goes on. so while still driving I'll put her into neutral, shut her down the start her back up and all comes back to life. Would anyone know what would cause this to happen?

Thanx, Mike

Reply to
AKJEEPER

L.W.(ßill)

You can just thump on the top of the dash to get them back.

That is a mis match between the plug on the back of the dash and the harness socket. Jeep does have a replacement socket the correct size I have been told or you can take a pair of small pliers and give all the pins on the back of the dash a slight twist so they fit tight in the plug.

Mike

AKJEEPER wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Damn, that was so easy, Thanx Bill & Mike!!!

Reply to
AKJEEPER

Took our 98 to the dealership, they fixed it for free.... well it is their design flaw..