Grand Cherokee - headlight assembly removal

We have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo and can't get the headlight assembly to pull out -

I've removed the long 7mm hex screw, and have tried and tried - but can't get a grip to pull -

Any suggestions on how to get this monster headlight assembly to pull out from the 3 ball sockets ? How the hell do the service people do it ?

Reply to
Phil Schuman

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

tnx - I used a long weed pry tool - and it finally worked.

2 of the 3 ball sockets released ok - The one in the middle bottom actually took the entire socket out :) I snapped it back in before replacing the assembly. Also - on the wiring harness there was a nittle "nib" that seemed to fit on a plastic pin at the bottom near the ball, so I pushed it back onto that pin before shoving the assembly....

tnx again for the help - Phil -

Reply to
Phil Schuman

You da mon!!!

How the hell do you know all this stuff?

Do you have a brother who works on Japanaese cars?

Reply to
Brian Foster

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III