Grand Cherokee Ltd 1993 Front Diff

I have found a 1/2 inch rubber hose hanging down under the engine (v8,

5.2l). I have traced it back to the front diff. Any idea what this hose is for and where to I re-attach the other end ?

Thanks. Jason.

Reply to
Jason Tomlins

L.W.(ßill)

Many thanks Bill. Thats a relief, thought I had a major problem on my hands. Secured hose.

Reply to
Nathan Adler

Jason,

If I'm not mistaken, there was a molding on the side of the air-box that held the other-end of the breather hose.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Holdaway

That is a high water hose and should have a loose cap on the end. It sits straight up, usually on the side of the radiator and the cap floats on a nipple so if the water comes that high the cap air locks the nipple.

You can just turn the end down so it would air lock that way.

Mike

Nathan Adler wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain