Heater not heating on 2000 TJ...

Hey, everybody. First thing... Happy Holidays!

Now, as for the Jeep, the heater doesn't heat anymore. The a/c gets cold enough but when I turn it over to the red, it only seems to get lukewarm, if even that. No longer under warranty so I was hoping someone could shed some light on potential problems before I spend the dime on getting it looked at.

I appreciate any input.

Reply to
ScriptLizard

ScriptLizard did pass the time by typing:

Air blender door isn't opening all the way. A link might have come off, the little arm that moves the door could have broke, or you have a vac leak.

Do you have auto climate control or manual.

Reply to
DougW

before you do anything else, check to make sure you have water in the radiator.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Manual.

Reply to
ScriptLizard

Mine did the same. Here's what I did, and what you can do. Run your jeep untill it's hot and turn on the heater. Now open the hood. See those coolent hoses that go into the firewall to your heater core? Feel them both. Are they both hot? If so, follow the advice the others gave you. If not... Turn off your Jeep, let it cool. Detach both hoses from the sides that connect to the engine. With a garden hose, blast water through one hose than the other. This is the point where mine coughed up some really, really nasty stuff. When your done with that, flush it with demineralized water (you don't want tap water in there). hook both ends of both hoses back up. Take a drive and see if you now have heat. After your Jeep cools, top off your radiator. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Thanks. I''l try this out.

Reply to
ScriptLizard

Nick, You're right, mostly, but it's a 2000 TJ. His heater core shouldn't be anywhere close to clogged up unless he's been putting sand in the radiator instead of water.

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Check your thermostat, better yet just replace it. It's common to have one that never closes completely or otherwise loses it's calibartion. The engine and gage work fine in warm weather, you slowly lose heat as the outside temp drops.

My wife did that > Hey, everybody. First thing... Happy Holidays!

Reply to
Roy J