legal to carry gas cans on tire carrier?

My rear bumper (Bulletproof) allows for 2 Gerry cans to be secured to it, but as I get ready for a trip from IL to UT, I am wondering if it is legal for me to put two cans full of gas on the bumper's holders. Are there any DOT or state restrictions on carrying external gas cans? Thanks. Brent '98 TJ Sahara

Reply to
dbe TJ98 Sahara

I've had the same experience, nobody in Utah seems to care. Same with beadlock wheels.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I carried plastic cans on my roof rack from Houston -> OK -> CO -> WY -> UT and then back from UT -> NM -> NV -> NM -> TX and no cops seemed to care... I see people carrying them on the receiver hitch carriers all the time... Either there is no law against it or none of the cops know or care about it...

Reply to
Grumman-581

I've read that in Canada it is against the law to carry gas cans outside the frame of the vehicle, and it is enforced up there.

Reply to
Ken Finney

Ooops... Fumble fingers strikes again... Change "would let" to "wouldn't let"...

Reply to
Grumman-581