Help: Can't find shocks that fits

I want to replace my current 'noname' shocks on my 79 CJ7, 3 inch lifted, but I have trouble finding new with the same size as my current shocks:

Front, exp: 18.89, coll: 11.61 Rear, exp: 20.27, coll: 12.20

I prefer 'soft' rides like RS9000's, but they don't seem to match....

Regards, Thomas

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 5958 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Thomas Pedersen

Get what you can find that is as close as what you think you want.

When I put R9000s on my '81 CJ5, the catelog called for the wrong part numbers because I have a lift kit. When the guy said he would install them for $10, I let him. He physically measured the shocks front and rear, and put on whatever he thought was the right part for the measurements he took. It cost me 40 bucks, but he did the work in a fraction of the time it would have taken me, and I didn't bleed when he was done, and the shocks fit right. I wouldn't have know that my shocks weren't fitting right if I had followed the directions and installed them myself. This is one of those jobs when it pays to let somebody else work the wrenches.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Hi Jeff,

The problem is that I'm located in Denmark and nearly all the 4x4 shocks are produced in the US and I haven't had any luck finding a local garage who can fix my issue. I therefore have to do the job myself.....

Regards, Thomas

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 5970 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Thomas Pedersen