help w/scratched windshield

What do y'all recommend for clearing up minor scratches in a windshield? Thanks,

Brian

JC Whitney sells a $20 glass polishing kit that will remove minor scratches.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I have used MILD rubbing compound with an orbital buffer. It takes a LOT of buffing, but it does take our minor scratches.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Should read "take out minor scratches"

Reply to
mabar

You didn't say how deep the scratches are...

I have used this stuff successfully on very minor scratches (ones you can't feel with a fingernail) and it works GREAT on water spots and for removal of the gritty stuff that builds up on your glass. After use your glass will feel as slick as teflon. I use it on all my automotive glass once a year, routinely.

John Davies Spokane WA

Reply to
John Davies