How many pistons do you have?

Here's a funny topic taken from a Jeepster newsgroup. How many pistons do you have at your place, running or not? My count is

8 Jeepster 4 vw 6 bmw 4 datsun 12 two supercharged Grahams 12 spare Graham engines 12 Andy's Jeepster and 4.3 engines 4 Goldwing 20 five parts Goldwings 2 triumph 2 BSA 4 spare BSA engines 2 Diana's Honda Shadow 5 weed whacker, 2 chain saws, hedge trimmer, blower 4 compressors 6 four outboards

107. Dang, I had to take my shoes off for that one.

And 2 more ornamentals, one from a Tuna Boat, one from a model airplane

Reply to
Paul Calman

LOL We had a competition at the hunt camp on how many motors do you own. Me I gots 7 Jeep Argo 6X6 Ski-Doo Snowmobile John-Deere Snowmobile

2 Chain saws 1 Johnson outboard

My Buddy had us all beat (lets see if I can recall all his motors) GMC 3/4 ton truck Jeep Eagle Mercury Sable Farmall A Tractor Snowblower Whipper snipper

3 chainsaws water pump 2 generators 3 Outboard motors Lawn mower Argo 8X8 Ford cube van 2 Ski-doo snowmobiles

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III
6 TJ 6 XJ 8 Titan 6 Aerostar 6 Porsche 4 Kaw. GPz 4 Yam. YZF600R 1 Kaw. KLR650 1 Lawnmower 2 Weedeaters 1 edger 1 air compressor 4 boat 7 a/c compressors 1 chainsaw

-------

58 total...Guess I need to buy more...

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

You have a Titan motorhome? My dad's was so bad we added an "IC" to the name, of course he towed 8000LBS everywhere it went.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
twaldron
14 between the truck and the Jeep
Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers did pass the time by typing:

mmm.. bacon!

18 here.

8 - Mercury Grand Marquis (da boat)

6 - Jeep ZJ 1 - chainsaw 1 - lawnmower 1 - busted lawnmower 1 - other busted lawnmower

Coworker has 64 pickups (8+8+8) (two actually run) delivery van/fishing van (8) cars (6+4+8+0) (not counting one because it has no engine right now) Tractors (4+4+4) Alice Chalmers and two run. mower (1) Custom made deer stand hauler thingy (1)

Reply to
DougW

I have about 40 kicking around....

Mike

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

O.K. a total:

10 in the truck 6 on the john deere 6 in my CJ 4 in the Wrangler 3 on the Bayliner 1 on the IH cub cadet 1 on the generic riding mower 1 on the pole saw 1 on the small chainsaw 1 on the big chainsaw 1 on the weed wacker 1 on the Quadrunner 1 on the Bayou 1 in the welder 1 on a compressor 1 on the sprayer 1 on the edger

41

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
Jim85CJ

CJ - 6 BMW - 6 MPV - 6 MoHome - 8 Tacoma - 4

36 so far

Lawn Mower - 1 Weed whip - 2 (two whips, one dead) On Board Air - 1

40 Pistons total.

I am Piston Challenged when I compare the size of my piston inventory with yours. It's a damn good thing that size doesn't matter.

Reply to
CRWLR
7-TJ (includes York air compressor)

6-Freestar 10-Superduty 2-John Deere tractor 1-Leafblower 1-Chainsaw 1-Trimmer

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

oops, 31, I forgot, 3 electric air compressors.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo
4- 1999 Honda Accord 4- 2004 Honda Civic 2- 2002 Yamaha V-Star 8- 1976 CJ5 1- Garage Air compressor 2- Two lawnmowers

-----------------------------

21

Reply to
Shaggie
8 - 1997 Ford Exploder 8 - 1994 BMW 540iA 6 - 1997 BMW Z3 2.8 6 - 1995 BMW 325i 6 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 - 1997 SAAB 900SE 4 - 1993 SAAB 9000CSE 6 - 195HP Mercruiser boat motor 2 - John Deere Lawnmower 2 - Dirt bikes (Honda XR400R and XR200R) 1 - Craftsman push mower 1 - leaf blower 1 - weed wacker 1 - chainsaw 1 - generator 1 - snowblower 1 - air compressor

---------------------------

59 pistons

Now granted, some of the cars are for my wife and 3 kids' (who all drive) but since I get to fix 'em when they break they must still count, right?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

You're not counting wheel cylinders and master cylinders? Only those cylinders in which ignition occurs?

Reply to
Beloved Leader

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Rough total = 65 if my math is correct.

3 Jeeps = 22 in the vehicles (plus 7 out) 2 VWs = 8 1 Audi = 4 1 Lawn Tractor = 2 3 snowblowers = 3 1 generator = 1 1 lawn mower = 1 1 cox toy car= 1 1 edger = 1 1 tiller = 1 1 leaf blower = 1 1 weed eater = 1 2 spare engines = 12 Rough total = 65 if my math is correct. plus more that I have forgotten and what is left of my JCWhitney purchase.

I did buy 211 pistons and cylinders from JCWhitney once. Still got some of them left too, maybe 30! Do they count?

Makes me want to get rid of some of this stuff too! later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1