How to Destroy a Jeep

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

oh... that's F**ed up.

Man, I would hate to have that happen to mine.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

That video has been around for a couple of years. IIRC their was some discussion about it on this NG, pictures of the vehicle, first hand accounts from the driver.

Also, you will note that the driver did not follow the spotter's directi>

RoyJ

That's jbjeep from this group, right? That was a loooong time ago..

Reply to
Eric

Really? Is it her?

or are you pulling our legs?

Reply to
Kate

I have seen Jenn's roll over video and that isn't it.

Mike

Mike Romain

I have not checked it out yet, but I assume from the description posted that its Tracy's roll on the Escalator. Just a note - she was able to limp what was left out of there and back to Moab.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Nope, thats not mine. That's Tracy's roll on the Escalator I beleive.

Reply to
jbjeep

Mine was only 3 years ago... Wow how time flies!

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

So how much money does it usually take to fix a jeep that has rolled like that? Anyone have any experience with that? or a video?

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Is your video posted somewhere?

Reply to
Kate

Most any serious roll will do damage in the $10k and (way) up range. If the air bags pop, that is $1k right there. The problem is that a roll will get every single body pannel, not to mention the windsield frame and glass, trash a rim and tire or two, etc. To repair the body pannels to 'like new' is expensive. Repainting a single scrached door runs $400 around here.

I susect that many of these would be totaled by the insurance company and then either parted out or rebuilt to a lessor standard. I've looked at a couple of totaled late model TJ's selling for less than $5k that had less suspension damage than some of the rockpile warriers do on a weekly basis. If you are going to go out and run it hard off road, why start with a $25k vehicle and add goodies? why not start with a $5k vehicle and add the same goodies as repair parts? One TJ I looked at needed front suspension arms. If you plan on putting on the long ones, why pay for something that goes in the dumpster?

My usual sources did not have any Wranglers > So how much money does it usually take to fix a jeep that has rolled like

Reply to
RoyJ

video - see Bill's post.

it cost my insurance over 8K in body work and stuff, including a new top. It ran me over 4K on the engine, would have been less if I gone with a new engine.

Reply to
jbjeep

You got it. They were going to total mine until I sent them the 3 page itemized list of aftermarket parts and upgrades.

Reply to
jbjeep

Bill's got it:

Garth Almgren

Thanks Garth,

Dang, that sucks.

Reply to
Kate

When my little son flopped mine over, it just fell onto the drivers side. It bent the windshield frame, cracked the glass, bent the door frame, fender, flares. A bunch of guys came by and helped me turn it back over, then continued on.

John > This is Jennifer's:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
John in Vegas