98 ZJ Fault Code

The check engine light came on in the 98 ZJ so I went to Advance Auto and got the code. It's "Transmission P1763" - Governor Pressure Sensor Volts Too High. The Governor Pressure Sensor input is above an acceptable voltage level.

codes on this page are for a WJ but I'm guessing they're the same for the ZJ We cleared the code but the "Check Engine" light came on again. What's the fix? Thanks, Steve

00 XJ 98 ZJ 95 YJ
Reply to
Steve Landis

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

BTW, build sheet says it's the 42 RE Trans. Local guy at AutoZone also works at the Dodge dealer. Told me it requires a cleaning of the valve body. Drop the Trans pan, 10 bolts to drop the valve body, thorough cleaning, and do everything else you need to do while the pan's dropped. I was thinking TCM (ouch?)until I talked to him. Those shocks might have to wait.

Steve

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve Landis