I found you!!

My name's Todd, I live in Fort Worth. I had a '76 CJ 5 in high shool for a year or so. Then at 24 I had an 81 CJ-7 for another year or so. Now 12 years later after searching for the past 4 months for a toy ( thanks to the promotion ). I hadn't even considered another Jeep, until my wife said something about a convertible, and the light bulb went off in my head. A Jeep! Countless hours on the internet, every printed ad I could find. You know how when you give up, is the moment you succeed.

I now am a proud owner of a 78 CJ-7 with 113k miles from it's second owner. All original 304 V-8, with Auto, and Quadratrac! It even has A/C! It's a Renegade, Levi's. It's been sitting dormant for the past 6 years and is one of those driving projects.

I have been banging around the internet for the past 4 hours with nothing but lift kits and soft tops. Then I tried a search with google groups.

I've read some of ya'lls posts and I've found you! The Jeep people who wave at each other!

I'll need some help when I do my stage II resto job. For now we're doing stage I, which is only the driveability issues for immediate enjoyment.

I ask the group to give a specific "grocery" list of what to do along Jeep specifics of getting it road ready. I know I'll do the fluids and belts, but ya'll know the ins and out of these Jeeps. For instance someone told me to take out the front drive shaft and change the fluid in the quadra trac. I wouldn't have thoght of that.

Thanks and hello!!

Reply to
for my boss

[...]

First thing to buy is a repair manual.

The Factory manuals are the best and most expensive, Haynes and Chilton's are okay..

You already said you know that all fluids, belts, hoses, vacuum tubing, brake fluid, etc needs replacing or flushing

Don't forget the tires are probably dry rotted.. If you are planning a lift perhaps a set of good used tires would be advisable short term.

Welcome to the group and don't forget to join Frappr!

billy ray

Frappr thing's cool. Tires do show some rot, not bad, ok for now. The lift I'll do after summer. Do you know anything about the quadra trac?

Reply to
for my boss

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III
*waving*

Hey Todd!

Well, your grin is so big I can see the glow all the way over here!

Congrats on your Jeep, and happy trails to you. The guys in here that know stuff about your jeep will steer you in the right direction. Don't let Bill pick on you too much. Personally, I will expect you to build an extensive website and photos to be posted every step of the way AND Put your smiling faces on the map!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

No I do not but I am sure someone here does...

Reply to
billy ray

Flush Billyboi the cowards post!

Billboi is a goat sucking coward.

Reply to
Suzy

Well it sure took ya long enough!

< WAVE >

Welcome to the group.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

I'm excited to have a Jeep again. I've gotten a good promotion at work that involves heavy travel. I had a horse that was my pride and joy, but was neglecting during the week. So I found him a great home and was longing for something to enjoy for my "selfish indulgence". The CJ just waits for me just as I left it. I say hello to it when I come in from the airport and pet it. Sick right? So this weekend I'll drop a chunk at the parts store, make another stop at the beer store and indulge myself. I'll snap off some "before" pics. I do need a tech tip of how to refresh the fluid in the quadra-trac.

Reply to
for my boss

if you find the cure, be sure to let us know. ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
jbjeep

Welcome back to the fold... just got my 06 TJ a slight step up from the 97 TJ the one I traded in for the 06.

don't forget to wave.

Mike S.

Reply to
mike smith