I got new tires

My diesel has large side mirrors which I find useless for backing. Below the large side mirrors are 6" convex mirrors, one on each side. I routinely back the big rig up/down long streets/driveways, around corners, round-abouts, to loading docks and anywhere else. Try a set of 2" convex mirrors, either attached to your side mirrors in the viewing area or with a bracket below.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Nice rig! That is one seriously messed up tread pattern tho. I wonder if the sporadic treading will actually be better ...please post a follow-up soon with some feedback.

couldnt/wouldnt wait

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I must say I like that top. I've seen a few pics of people who look like they're running custom tops... made from a boat manufacturer or something? Does it cost about as much or less than a bestop?

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Reply to
twaldron

Ah, cool. I found this site on google:

I noticed it said no frame... This is supported by the rollbars then I'm assuming? Could someone out there with one of these tops tell me about how they like it compared to a normal top or Bestop?

My bows, I believe they're called, are bent outta whack and my top now looks lopsided. Some of my more rambunctious friends were all over the top, when it was up... morons.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Not any more!!! Hitting anything over 60 is work now. 70 is a challenge.

Reply to
jbjeep

You are totally right, however, its all over the web already, especially since its my HAM call sign.

Reply to
jbjeep

ROTFL!!!!! They are, oh boy, they are!

(take it anyway you like it Jerry!)

Reply to
jbjeep

So far they are FANTASTIC, and they are THE QUIETEST off road tire I have run. Granted I have been running SSR's for the last few years.

Reply to
jbjeep

Sorry Bill, but this time, you would be wrong. Thats one of PitBull's hype points is the quietness.

Reply to
jbjeep

Sweet. You bet!!! I made sure I had a nice new one on for the Parade too.

Reply to
jbjeep

Approx $500 when I bought it. Full soft doors ran another couple hundred. I LOVE the top!

Reply to
jbjeep

Nope, Rockgear.

jbjeep

Mine (the RockGear) is totally supported by the rollbars. There is the header bar, two footman loops and some snaps and an optional spreader bar. That is it for hardware.

I love it. Nothing to get out of whack. And, the windows and upper parts of the doors store in zippered pockets in the top. I wont get caught without them again! (Thats a good thing)

Due to the custom cage, Bob at Rockgear had to make me a custom rear curtian. He told me that up front and did it at no extra charge.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Heck hitting anything over 60 has been work for me since going to 33s... 70 needs a tail wind.

Of course I have the puny 2.5L...

Oh where oh where could those 4.88s be...

Reply to
Eric

Now that I have the tire pressure figured out for the moment, can we say SWEEEEEETTTTTT!

Thye are quiet (compared to other off road tires) on the highway They are smooth (compared to other off road tires) on the highway (however I am running balance beads and not lead weights) They do well on rock when aired down They do lousy in the mud at street pressure. LOL. They throw mud EVERYWHERE. They grip walls in a really killer way...I nearly rolled due to a moment of inattention last weekend when it suddenly started climbing the wall on an obstical. Even at speeds faster than I should be going I do not feel like I am going to skid or slide in the loose gravel on the back roads.

I am liking them a whole lot! =)

Reply to
jbjeep

So how's the cost and size options vs Goodyear (MTR)? When you compare these tires to "other off road tires" what brands and models are we talking about? Finally how soft/hard is the compound vs Goodyears (MTR)?

If nothing else, they sure look mean! n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis