TJ Door Question

Spring has finnally arrived in Southern Ontaio and I was taking off the full hard doors on my 02 TJ for the first time. The bottom nuts were seized and the threaded end of the door pins snapped off on both sides. Is the pin and nut a repacement part??? Is stainless available anywhere?? Thanks!!

BM

Reply to
BM

I purchased some stainless steal ones, they look nice. If you are in Ontario you can order them from national 4wd

is better then odering stock ones since you will have to get thempainted

Reply to
snowboardripper

No, it isn't a replacment part. The good news is that it isn't a required part either. When the doors are closed, they wil not come off.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks for everyone's responses on the board & via email. I've had 2 CJ's in the past and wasn't too worried about about the functionality of the nut & pin (after all the CJ hard doors just drop in without the threaded nut) I was probably more worried about the cosmetics. There's enough of the old threaded shatft on the lower hinge on each side that I can probably get a new stainless nut on them enough to catch the remaining threads. The through shafts are stuck pretty tight though and I've rocked the doors back and forth to get them up & out but they don't want to budge. Maybe I'll use a rubber mallett here & there to break them free. After all...the Jeep ain't topless unless the doors are gone, but I see that's another thread....

BM

Reply to
BM

OR ...

While the doors are off, you can remove the remaining threaded portion of the pin and be left with doors much the same as on the CJ that you are familiar with.

The through shafts are stuck pretty tight though

Squirt a shot of WD40 or other handy subsititute and lift with your hand immediately below the hinge and swing the door with the other hand.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The doors are much heavier than they look. When they finally pop off, watch your toes because they can come down real fast.

I roll down the window and reach through to hold and lift while pulling up at the front bottom and have the door swinging.

Mike

BM wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Worked like a charm...thanks. I didn't think the WD would penetrate enough to help but out they popped. Now I need a mirror relocate kit right?? Sorry for the newbie TJ questions but I've been a CJ7 guy for about 20 years and this new one is a bit more civilized than I'm used to- AC???? In a Jeep??? Coil Springs?? The thing even nags me when I don't cancel my turn signals- My Grand Am GT doesn't even do that. Don't get me wrong- I love it. Even my buddy with his convertible Vette wants to borrow it when he wants to look REALLY cool. ;)

BM

Reply to
BM

Cheap aftermarkrt motorcycle mirrors, specifically for Harley fit into the hinge holes and hold solid.

Mike

BM wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yes.

Or, you can get a mirror for a motorcycle or even a bicycle, and mount it to the empty hinge pin hole.