is it smart to buy this? need advice

2000 Jeep Wrangles SE, 4 cycl. 2.5CC 48K, manual, CD+Tape Sound System, soft-top looks very clean.. is it smart to buy it for $9000 from a third party?
Reply to
osu

That seems a little steep to me but I'm in Canada - I don't know your market. For $9000 US I think I'd want both tops at least and possibly the 4.0 for that money. Don't look at the 4 cyl. for fuel economy (if thats the case), it's only marginally better than the 4.0 Don't worry about mileage on a 4.0, they're good for 200000+, 2.5 good for

150000+ Base your decision on condition... ZERO rust.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

According to NADA book values, you'd be buying at close to trade-in value. Sounds like a good deal assuming it's in good condition.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy

thanx for the comment... i checked autotrader.com, local newspaper and dealers and found that 4.0 models are around $14K.. and even 2000 SEs are around $10K. this does not have rust and seems running smoothly. my concern is that i am going to be moving out of country next year, and will be needing to sell it back within

18 months... i do not want to lose whole bunch of money on it by buying more expensive than its market value.. if i were going to be a keeper, then i wouldn't hesitate...

/topac

Reply to
osu

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

If you're buying for one year you will want a desirable vehicle that will sell in a hurry for top dollar.

4.0, 5-speed, D44 rear axle, Hard/Soft tops, AC, Sahara or Sport A less desirable Jeep may force you take less than you want in order to sell within your time frame... like a 4cyl. soft top with an automatic.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

It is a good price!!!!!