Got it down to 2 - 164 Lusso or Mental Saab 9000 Carlsson..

Went to look at the Alfa 164 Lusso the other day, couldn't make my mind up on the spot, so didn't buy it.. Got home to an email from a mate telling me about this..

Black Saab 9000 Carlsson 2.3 H Reg, Abbott racing ECU upgrade, Abbott springs, lowered 40mm. Adjustable Konis, full JT stainless systems, polybushes all round. 4 Brand new bridgestones. Rolling road tested at 260BHP before the JT 3" system fitted. Just out of MOT, £700.

Or a White one, same apart from not lowered, it's no engine mods and it has

4 months MOT. Pretty much mint condition. Both cars have around 160k on them, bth have all the history and both have had top end engine rebuilds.

So, that or the 164?

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Evil black Carly everytime mate. And you don't have to get used to an italian driving position.=20

A white Carly might be nice, a white 9000 2.3 full pressure turbo would=20 be fairly inconspicuos, so less chance of getting pulled at warp 9 =20

If it was a V6, I would say jump on it, if the Saabs turn out to be=20 duff.=20

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Swede every time for me. Reliable, comfy, safe, well built,and blindingly fast in a straight line. Better find out why the black one has no MOT...

SteveH will of course vehemently defend the Italian.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well, it was the best handling of the 'type 4' cars, with the best engine.

Reply to
SteveH

No, the Saab 9000 with the mental 2.3 turbo was always superior in a straight line. What were the other cars based on that design? Croma / Thema / some big frogmobile?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Alfa V6 is a vastly superior engine to the Saab 2.3 Turbo. Maybe not in terms of outright performance, but just *because*.

The other cars were the Lancia Thema and Fiat Croma.

People think the 605 is related to the 'type 4' cars, but, in reality, the only connection is that Pinninfarina designed both the 164 and the

605.
Reply to
SteveH