Jeep Forum

Hey Guys and Gals

I've started a jeep forum at

I'm having a hardtime getting people to post messages though. If anyone has some sparetime and doesn't mind posting a question or comment it would be greatlyappreciated. My intention is not to take users from this newsgroup Ijust need something to get the forum going. Thanks,

John

Reply to
john.klassen

Join the dozens that have tried and failed already. We have several usenet Jeep groups already and yet another commercial one isn't likely to get much interest.

The nice part of this group, RAMJ+W is the no commercial posters aspect.

Besides the fact your link or address is bad one.....

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

what other JEEP newsgroup is there ?

Reply to
Phil Schuman

Many Jeep forums exist!

to name just a few... and many, many more. :)

Jerry

Phil Schuman wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

But, WHY?

Reply to
Paul Calman

Money. The owners of the websites get to put advertisements up on them. The more visitors and members they have, the more money they will get from advertisers. It's really a shame, I think USENET is taking a backseat to these damn things. Many new car forums are on the web instead of USNET.

Reply to
Mood

Then there is alt.jeep-l and there was one other but I can't seen to tag it, rec.autos.jeep I believe it was.

Mike

Jerry Bransford wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I've been on r.a.m.j+w since '96 and I visit here much less (probably a good thing in a few ramj+w members opinions) since finding those forums. But in my opinion, the forums offer a lot... easy to post helpful photos, a more organized format, and the forums can be more specifically aimed at certain areas... offroading vs. suspension lifts vs tires/whees/ vs. politics vs tech questions. The ads are small and unobtrusive and dont' get in the way of the forum discussions. Plus it's easy to ban trolls who contribute nothing to the forum. And at least in the tech forums, there isn't as much continual arguing as there seems to be here on some subjects. Which is why I am here so seldom any more, I got tired of the nearly continual arguments with a few individuals. Also the forums just offer a more visually attractive format which I find is a lot easier and more relaxing to use. I'm mainly on JeepForum now but Jeeps Unlimited and a few others are frequent haunts too. Not many of the oldtimers that were original members of this newsgroup are still around with Jeff Strickland one of the last of the originals still a regular contributing member. Just about everyone with the exception of Jeff long-ago found the forums more appealing, at least most of the time. :)

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Both are active, alt.jeep-I moreso than rec.autos.jeep. They see about 1-5 postings/day, sometimes none. A lot of people have been redirected to RAMJW when their questions go unanswered.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Yeah, Bill's here, this is the Real Jeep Newsgroup...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Which is why some of us, me for one, have largely stopped posting here. Bill is ok some of the time but his "Real Jeep" crap got real old.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Real Newsgroups have Real Jeep commentaries

Reply to
Billy Ray

And Hats and T-shirts saying so!

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Sure, but I am still on dialup (high speed is not an option, or high-speed out here), and I have to wait forever for a forum page to download just because they all have to have photos, use cutesy gifs, etc in their messages. I rarely will bother with online forums because of that. Once in a while I will hit one that someone says has info I need, or just because its super funny (like the Hootus thread on the explorer forum).

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

P.S. Anyone know Doug Campbell (he is the one that got the t-shirts and hats made for us) and maybe have his current email address? His old address snipped-for-privacy@capecod.net is invalid.

Jerry

Jerry Bransford wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I second that they both are still active and both see much less traffic than here. I look at all 3 almost every day. I might perhaps check out those other forums, but everything I needed to find out I have found out here. (thanks again folks) Tomes

Reply to
Tomes