JEEP Jamboree... Are D-Rings acceptable as tow hooks?

Hello, I have a 97 jeep wrangler and i have signed up for the mohawk trail trip fr october 2004. It says that tow hooks must be "mounted to the frame with grade eight bolts according to MOPAR instructions." I have recently purchased a rear rock bumper/ tire carrier which has D-Ring shackle mounts welded to the bumper. The bumper itself is mounted to the frame at 6 different points, and it seems sturdy enough. Could i be turned away at registration at the Jamboree? THanks Derek Proctor

Reply to
Derek Proctor

no they dont check that stuff you will be fine!

-- Jarod Sprauer

281-807-JEEP (5337)

IsellJeeps

I doubt it. The ones that I have been too just look for a good place to hook up a strap - tow hook, shackle, etc. The point is to have tow points. If you are really unsure, e-mail JeepJam about it.

Reply to
jbjeep

They certainly 'do' check that kind of stuff if you want to run a trail!

D-rings are even better than hooks in my opinion. Hooks can bend open, d-rings can't.

Mike

IsellJeeps wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

they have never checked that on the ones I go to.. some goofballs out there even run without a spare tire

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Don't know about your Jeep jam, but the one I've been to twice only has front tow hooks as required, rear optional.

Reply to
Greg