How To Install Tow Hooks

New to Jeeps..just bought my first. Is there a site that has install instructions and or a diagram for the install of my new Tow Hooks. TIA

2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Reply to
SkyKing49

Rear:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

The front tow hooks atach to the top of the front bumper... Pretty self explanitory once you have a look at them.

It's likely the rig is already pre drilled for them too.

Kate

2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Reply to
Kate

While I am sure you are probably correct when I am in "any" doubt get help from friendly Jeep owners.:) I just feel more comfortable with directions and or diagrams. Thanks for your response.

Reply to
SkyKing49

This is from the 2003 TJ manual.

> The front tow hooks atach to the top of the front bumper...

Reply to
billy ray

Thanks.

Reply to
SkyKing49

Be sure and buy grade eight bolts as the marks on these indicate:

I witnessed a hook shear5/8" shank bolts off a Power Wagon, to kill a fellow Jeeper at the other endof a giant bungee rope. A freak accident knock half his brain off, where allhis blood pumped out in a minute. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I purchased these:JCW Shop > HEAVY-DUTY TOW HOOK SETS Item# ZX813476A Includes: 2 tow hooks (each holds up to 10,000 lbs.); 2 safety clips (bolt to hooks to prevent rope or chain from slipping off); 4 each mounting bolts, washers, nuts. Steel components (hooks are forged). Mount to front or rear bumpers, frame or grille guard of your Jeep=AE vehicle, truck or 4WD I guess I cannot install the front ones where the bolts are that holds the bumper on. There are two bolts on each side of the front bumper inline just like the holes on the tow hooks. Hate to have my bumper pulled off but isn't it bolted to the frame?

2006 Jeep Wrangler X

SkyKing49

Got the newsclipping? That would certainly been picked up by the media.

Would love to read it. Even a plain text version.

BTW, you can't lose all your blood in one minute, no matter what; too many small veins and capillaries for that to be possible.

Reply to
The Prisoner Of Mensa

No, it was before the Usenet. A near miss:

This is I believe ahoax:
A Genewrote here with this link that told of a included "D" shackle kill:
Thegruesome pictures were soon deleted. This stuff doesn't make the media. I like to play in Glamis, and we killat least ten a weekend:
The blood poured out of him like a faucet, just like the pigs I stuckand filled a buckets as a kid. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

"The Prisoner Of Mensa" wrote in message news:juBQh.22637$DE1.10426@pd7urf2no

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You certainly didn't think so when you first replied....

Poor Cooyon Billy, you're just so /easy/ to confuse, baffle and generally force into C&P !!

A long time ago, I had a friend's daughter write something that I posted at you, and you fell for it totally -- as usual.

It's like the saying, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything".

Well, you stand for nothing -- no matter what you claim -- and you fell into a trap set by a seven year old girl.

So, who's the ignoranus here, eh?

Reply to
The Prisoner Of Mensa

Was it before newspapers? Radio? Television?

Another unproven statement. Par for your course.

Reply to
The Prisoner Of Mensa

As long as there is vermin here, I will be here to flush it down. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

As a man I will take the vermin on. You do what you want. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Here's another troll too frighten to use a real name and address. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yep, once you've eaten and digested it.

Prairie Dogs again?

Yawn.

Reply to
Digit

Lame, Billy, why do all the kook question my name...

and are you so ashamed of not having a spine of your own, you depend on you prior military service?

Reply to
Bob Officer

You are in love with the vision of being a he-man, guns a blazing on pork-chop hill?

Reply to
Bob Officer

Because you're lying. I am proud of my two years in the Army, If you had served, maybe you would be, too and of course confident enough to use your real name and address! Although I credit my parents for teaching me responsibility for myself. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III