Jeep/Stude/???

I THINK the cab of this is from a Jeep, the engine is from a Studebaker, and the chassis might be too.

Whatever the heck it is it would be cool all fixed up.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

I looked again, it's a Jeep FC 170 cab mounted on a Studebaker Weasel Chassis.

Would that be a Jeasel? How about a Jeeperbaker?

Weasel in action!

Jeff DeWitt

Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Great video! Looks like a lot of fun. How do you think it would do on rocks?

Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
nrs

Probably pretty well as long as the rocks weren't too big, those things were tough! (I know what kind of rocks some of you guys crawl over and it's nucking futz ). I don't think the one in the video was but a lot of Weasels were amphibious and could go cruising right over a lake or river.

Jeff DeWitt

nrs wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Weasels are fun to drive. I got to spend an hour driving one in a dirt field. Tracks were rubber cast over steel wire, most cracked and the wire rusted out requiring some ingenuity to rebuild. Often heavy industrial drive chains are bolted to the grousers. I'm not sure how they would do on rocks, steel to granite doesn't sound too tractiony. They have a low surface pressure as they were designed to invade Germany from the North over snow. The FC cab is an improvement over the canvas.

Reply to
Stupendous Man