used tires

Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want to give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

Reply to
Runk

check the local junk yards too. Also some gas stations sell used tires.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Used tire shops are every where in the poorer parts of Houston. Hundreds of them.

Reply to
Paul

If you hurry, you may catch the tail end of the carcass-stripping from the cash for clunkers program. (I think the deadline for breaking down the hulks is about now.) There were a lot of Jeep GCs murdered in that program, so whatever the yard is in your area that bought the hulks, should have lots of rims and tires that were pulled off them.

Reply to
aemeijers

Considering this newsgroup can be read by anyone on Earth...it would help if you would state your location.

Detroit, Podunk, Toronto, Honolulu, Guam, Syndney???

FWIW, Looking at tirerack.com, you're looking at ~ $350 for 4 brand name 235/75/15 LT tires shipped in the US.

Whatever you buy, you're going to need them mounted and balanced, so you're going to have to take it SOMEWHERE that does tires.

Don Byrer KJ5KB Power & Glider Pilot Guy kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

I thought the same, from his posting IP it looks as though he might be somewhere in the vicinty of Toluca, IL, US.

bending the gear..."

Reply to
Heron McKeister

In Phoenix, the place to go to was:

IN THE NAME OF JESUS GUARANTEED USED TIRES

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

You left off the "Inc." Are they out of business now?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

and you're an idiot. beyond help.

Tire stores have lots used tires, "take offs" that are taken off new cars to be replaced with better tires before seeing 100 miles.

It's too bad that you're too stupid and paranoid to visit one of those tires stores run by those "rich guys".

Reply to
AZ Nomad

That's a worthless guarantee if I've ever heard one. Good like trying to get jeez to poke his head in this universe for warranty service.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

A used tires place near me used to be called Maypop Used Tires.A few years ago they changed the name of that place. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

More likely owned by Jesus Martinez.

Reply to
hls

Of course! Jesus was mexican; who else would name their kid 'jesus'?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

ROFLMAO! I would certainly be more than reluctant to buy any tires from a place with a name like that!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On December 23 last year, I bought a used tire at Cowboy's Quality New & Used Tires, for my 1978 Dodge van.I don't drive that van much anymore, it just sits there in my carport, I have a lot of my old junk stored in that van.But I do crank it up two or three times each week and drive it around the block a few times.

The used tire has a 15 day warranty.Of course it leaks air, that means I better get that tire back to Cowboy's real quick and get them to fix it right.

Speaking of Cowboys, and Cowgirls, and not meaning to be too off topic,

One of those gals (Jeri) and her twin sister used to live next door to me.They are both divorced.They are both Tomboys too. cuhulin, the off topic dude

Reply to
cuhulin

AMuzi

Even tomboys need their wheels aligned, every once in a while.

Reply to
hls

That Slime stuff for leaky tires, does it really work? Or is there another brand name of goop that is better? By the time I got to Cowboy's used tires place this late this afternoon, they had already chain locked the doors and gone wherever. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I always carry a can of leak stop in the trunk. It works and has saved me many times. Or inflated the tire long enough to get somewhere else. I like the kind with the hose because you don't have to get the valve stem on the bottom. I also carry a rope type puncture plug kit. Have used that a lot more. Once every couple of months at least. Then use the leak stop to inflate the tire.

Reply to
Paul

It works fine in most cases, but I am of the old school who wants a puncture fixed, not just snotted up. Stop Leak and such work fine, and are now water based and nonflammable propellant.

Reply to
hls