Liberty key

The key for my 2005 Liberty is really awkward. They combined the remote with the key for one big pain in the pocket. The keyring hole is a flimsy plastic piece on the side of the key which will break in a month and guarantees that it won't lay in line with my other keys. It jabs me in the leg all day long. Anyone heard of any other options?

Reply to
MidnightDad

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Is it a girlie car or a girlie Jeep? It may not be as he-manly as other Jeeps, but when compared to other cars, it's pretty tough. When given the choice of a Honda or a Toyota, I'll take a Jeep. Aren't I to be commended for that?

Reply to
MidnightDad

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Are you suggesting that everything you own is American made? I mean 100%!?

Reply to
Hrd

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

.. like the Chinese made motherboard in his computer?..

Reply to
Mike Hall

I didn't mean to say that Jeeps are better than Hondas or Toyotas because they're made in America. What I meant to say was that Jeeps are the best in their category when compared to CRVs, RAV4s, Durangos, etc.

Reply to
MidnightDad

Leave the keys in the ignition. Nobody would steal a Liberty. :)

Unfortunately, I have no answer for you. But I do have a rant:

Serirously, you hit a pet peeve. I do not understand the fixation that carmakers (and buyers, aparently) have for huge keys with thick bases. It is not a new trend, as my brothers's 1984 MZB had a key that doesn't even have a provision to go on a keyring. It has a silly leather case! When I frist saw that, I laughed out loud. There is no reason on earth that a vehicle key needs to be bigger than a house key, except hype.

First they take away the windwings, now they make keys that won't play well with others so that they will get lost or misplaced. Oh, and if you need a spare, be prepared to pay big $$. Next, they will be removing the mechanical links to steering and brakes.

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

Yo, Dad! Don't bother arguing with Bill, it's like teaching your pig to sing. It annoys the pig, and wastes your time.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hi Bill,

You sort of remind me of Lt. Hiroo Onoda who refused to believe that the war was over thirty years after the fact:

Even Mr.Onoda managed to snap out of it and get on with his life ;)

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Heh, now if someone could arrange for Lt Onada to meet Bill, they could happily battle it out until World War 5...

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Wisdom cannot be gained by those who do not have hind site.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Hrd proclaimed:

Just his toupee' which is merkin all the way. [Sorry Bill, the devil made me say that....]

Reply to
Lon

Aww, who wants to spend their time looking up their rear end?

HarryS proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Sounds like a good old fashion lumberjack match! Get Jesse Ventura to MC!

Reply to
SteveBrady

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III