Re: key/remote lump

now why would one want to have the key and not the remote ...just wishing there was an aftermarket remote with switchblade key all-in-one (like jetta) ...seems some other toyota models have nicer fobs ...couldn't they makem werk for the highlander and sellem as an accessory??

Reply to
<noeone

I know it sounds crazy, but it's actually possible (and easy) to live without a remote for a car.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Give over, lad, tha's talking daft. Whot were gud enuff fore ower annesesters is gud enuff fore us. Live withowt remoats? I never heard like of't! Whot next? Keeys?

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I have a secret supply of books. Paper books. You can look up recipes and home repair stuff without turning on the computer. Keep this quiet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

just wishing there was an aftermarket remote with switchblade key all-in-one (like jetta) ...seems some other toyota models have nicer fobs ...couldn't they makem werk for the highlander and sellem as an accessory??

I have: The keys to the house. The keys to the shop. The keys to my Supra. The keys to my van. The remote to my Supra. The key, which includes the remote, to my Scion. In BOTH pockets.

And, my cell phone in my left pocket.

Now, *I* have a LUMP!!!

And my keys are pretty conspicuous, too!

Reply to
.//Hachiroku

Not when I get $125 off my insurance for having an automatic alarm in my Supra and my Scion! The Scion was standard, the Supra was $49, and an afternoon to install.

Sounds like a deal to me!

Reply to
.//Hachiroku

Is the lump in the front or the back ;-)

Reply to
Ed

UGH!

No, I DON'T walk around like Broderick Crawford! (let's see who remembers HIM!)

Reply to
.//Hachiroku

Highway Patrol - 1955-1959

Reply to
Ed

Heh! In my living room, there's a 30 year old ponytail plant, aka Beaucarnea recurvata. That plant could steal your car before you or the police would have a clue.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Highway Patrol....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

But do you guys remember how he used to walk around????

And, '55-59? I was TWO in 1959, and I remember watching it on a local channel before the news. I think I was 6 or so. Must have been in Sydication by then!

Reply to
Hachiroku

This is true, but I still get a discount!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup...

Reply to
Hachiroku

HAY! THIS GUY'S GOT BOOKS!!! GET 'IM!!!!

(Shades of Farenheit 451...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

OK....you made me do it.

Go here....click on Highway Patrol and watch him....

Scott in Florida

Wasn't that a Supra in the background in that clip ;-)

Reply to
Ed

LOL....

I sorta doubt it....