Lifting Engine - mount points, bolt sizes

I'm lifting out my 258 from an '85 CJ7 for the first time. I have a hoist but no chains/sling. I'll probably buy chains from the local hardware store. How much length am I going to need, and where would you recommend I attach the chains to on the engine?

Also, I have a stand to use. What size bolts would I need to mount it?

Thanks, C

Reply to
Chris Roat

The I6 should have lifting bolts at the front and rear right by the valve cover.

't really see it there, but there are two large boltson the top of the block. That's where you lift the I6. Make sure you don't crush the valve cover. The lifting chains for the I6 have ears that you bolt down to the engine.

Reply to
DougW

You might find this page of interest as well. (for other reasons)

DougW

Another site that might be of use when you go about pulling the engine.

Reply to
DougW