Like a dope, I bought another Jeep.

Like a idiot glutton for punishment, I bought another Jeep:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Dan's first rule:

The stupid shall be punished.

Nevertheless, it's actually the best looking Commando I've seen in quite a few years. There are virtually none left in New England.

Have fun, and enjoy your punishment :)

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Steve Foley

messagenews:4600a6c7$0$16311$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

I dont like it. Cj5 or 7 maybe but not a commando fan unless it means wearing no undies

Reply to
Thoth1126

Jeep:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Looks like a good project. I've seen a few of these lifted and they look good that way.

Reply to
nrs

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:25:51 -0800 in , "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" graced the world with this thought:

What's wrong with it that it doesn't run? You going to go get it and tow it, or put it on a truck?

Reply to
bizbee

A true convertable, no less. Welcome to the sickness. I have three C-101s at the moment.

Stupendous Man, Defender of Freedom, Advocate of Liberty

Reply to
Stupendous Man

V6? Automatic? You should be ashamed. A very Un-Real Jeep.

:-)

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
The Merg

Don't knock it till you try it. The T-400 is one of the best autos out there and the 225 is a tourqey little sucker. Power disk front brakes would be a wise add-on.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Pretty cool, have fun with it!

Jeff DeWitt

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Jeffrey DeWitt

Thank God... You mean we won't have to see the "Pismo" picture any more?

Good Luck with it Bill.

Paul in VA

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

PM

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I have owned some sort of a Jeep just about every day since I was 19. NONE was better in any way than my 1976 (I think) Jeepster. Used it a lot down Sandy Neck on Cape Cod towed down as a dingy to my "bread truck" beach buggy... even with my wife driving it that J was unstoppable in the sand. Your pix makes a geezer pine for the old days :)

mike j

Reply to
realtaildragger

Very nice Bill !

I wish I could find a nice rust free Arizona vehicle like you did.

Merrill

Jeep:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Reply to
merrill

Yeah good luck Bill at 65 and still building them. I was wondering if I was foolish for just getting into working on cars(well my YJ anyway) the past 4 years when I was just 48! Looks like a it will be fun.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Another Four hundred and fifty bucks in freight later, it's home, I removed the rest of the rag top, put my CJ-2A license on it to keep the local Gestapo happy, but managed to smash the other fender and bend what was the only straight bumper I've seen, trying to reposition it in my driveway:

New radiator's dry and oil's over full, meaning possible head gasket,new cap a wires, and exploded muffler meaning possible timing chain. Bummer,I think I'll just sit and look at it for a while. I got insured, and my Sister-in-law: Deborah, whom works for DMV lookedat it, took my plastic and one of the pinks to resister it. :-) God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III