Like eating popcorn

I bought a Cherokee cheap for the Dana 44 axles a couple of weeks ago.. Then my bud buys one, and we went to Berkley and brought it home yesterday. Then today we took the trailer to Sacramento and traded the tailgate from the first one for another partial rig. Someone please stop me!

Stupendous Man

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It's a Wagoneer. The Cherokees were all two door. Whatever it is, these are very capable vehicles, although they tend to be a bit thirsty.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

LOL...I just helped a friend of a friend load an old Wagoneer onto a trailer... It's his THIRD FIXER UPPER!

First, it wouldn't start..once we got it started, we found out the tranny was busted. Mind you, it was parked in an UNDERGROUND parking lot! Then we tried to back the trailer down the driveway, but the trailer hitch got STUCK at the sidewalk, and the truck couldn't get traction to pull it back onto the street!! We finally did manage to get the Jeep out into the street and onto the trailer...boy, what fun ;-)

noneyabusiness

My 2 are a 74 Chero and a 75 Chero Cheif, and Andy got a 73 Waggy. Almost the same except trim, 27 front axle, and more doors on his. I got home yesterday with a rental trailer 1/2 hour befor eht yard closed so i chained the engine/trans/Tcase-less cheif to a tree and drove the trailer out from under it. PRESTO! The tablecloth trick.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

YOU MUST STOP! You will need some help, someone you can depend on to keep you strong. I suggest your wife.

Sit down, make a list for each of them showing what it will take in dollars and cents to make them complete and trail ready. Add up the totals. Figure in the amount of time it will take you to build each one. Total THAT up

Show how many carcai will remain in your yard until you get it all done and then wait several years to haul them off.

THEN present these lists to your wife and tell her that it must come out of the budget and that any honey dos will have to wait until your Jeeps are complete. When you pick yourself up off of the floor, pull her boot out of your butt and finally get her to speak to you in a tone lower than a shriek, THEN you will find the motivation to stop buying and work on only one at a time.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

You crack me up! KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I'm screwed, she doesn't like my projects much, but it keeps me out of the house.

I am using to cheros to save a ton of money on my jeepster, and have been trading and selling parts so i will actually turn a modest profit, not counting my labor.

Uh, I am cutting up the bodies with torch and saw and can dump the bits free at the transfer station 2 miles away., and suing the chassis, then getting rid of the one in use. Parts I will use get shashed under the house and what i don't need goes away.

Unfortunately she sees the logic in my madness. If it will stop snowing I am ready to begin cutting.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Let me know when you get started. I'll bring some beers and she and I can sit on the porch and watch.

There may be minor pointing and giggling, but it will be all in the spirit of good fun.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate