Lock right lockers

Has anyone installed a lock-right in their rear differential? Any problems on the install? I was thinking of installing one on my 00 Cherokee Sport.

Reply to
DANFXR

I have one in my '73 CJ5 and it works great. My rear end is a Dana 44 and I had someone else do the install. If you don't have to remove the carrier then I've heard the install is pretty easy. Mine had to be taken apart and then set back up so I was not going to mess with it. Not sure what rear end you have.

Reply to
Casey Teague

That's a pretty rough locker if your Cherokee is a daily driver. Lots of snaps, bangs, lurches, etc.. You may want to spend a little more for a Powertrax No-Slip which operates in a similar manner but is far better behaved in daily driving circumstances.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

While we're on the subject of lock rites, any thoughts on putting one in the front of an '88 YJ? seems to me the CAD (central axle disconnect) would make it drive like an open diff, til I pull the Posi-lok cable. I'm getting ready to regear (3.07 and 33s don't mix) and I'm going to install Lock rites front and rear, unless I am convinced otherwise. BTW, it's not a daily driver, so the noise won't be a factor. Thanks, Tookie

Reply to
Tookie

It will be fine in the front. It may make a few noises now and then even in

2wd but it will be fine unless you use your Jeep on the road in ice and snow in 4wd. Then it can get tricky. KH
Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Yeah, Jerry is correct. It is a loud locker. Mine snaps and bangs all the time. I get funny looks as I pull into the parking lot at work. My Jeep isn't my daily driver but every now and then I'll drive it to work. Usually when it is in one piece.

Reply to
Casey Teague