ping: Simon Issacs

How is the 101 engine upgrade going?

I was going to let you start first so I could see where it might get tricky.... :-)

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Where's your sense of adventure Tom?

Simon's abscence is prolly because he is currently crushed under a slightly displaced 101 engine and is unable to reach the keyboard.

Reply to
EMB

Like waiting for buses, he'll be there a while, then three of his mates who came to point the finger and laugh willl come along at once ...

And still point the finger and laugh. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Nah, he'll be busy rearranging sports day or summat.

Canoe race and all.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

nah, busy with shitty end of term marking, everything has to be complete and all the results on the system by Friday so that the school can have its performance analysed in the wanky old league tables, so have been flat out doing that.

Pulling the engine and box during my holidays, going to take my time with it all being as I don't have to go back to work until the 5th September, although I do help out at summer school becaus the government pay us £195 a day to teach at the summer school, and one of my jobs is to do the hog roast on the final day. Should pay for the mild overhaul I'm going to do to the engine!

Basically holiday proper begins on 27th July, and I need something to fill those 5 weeks with!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well make sure the new one is shoehorned before the unofficial!

No pressure or owt :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

doubt it,as I've also got the auto to fit as well, and swmbo has just announced that I have some decorating to do, a carpet to fit, her car to fix (it needs a new drive shaft, as the cv joint now knocks at the merest hint of a corner, and her brakes to fix. She wasn't amused when I said the last one wasn't important!

Reckon it'll be a winter job, especially as I'll be able to collar my dad for the awkward stuff when you need thtee hands, and he goes to france on sunday until the 4th september!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I finish in 2 weeks (around the start of August). I've got 2 weeks of proper work first while all you awkward teachers are out of the way ;) Then i hope to be free till the end of the hols :) Am trying to get everything i want lined up well in advance so i dont end up stuck waiting for stuff!

I should get paid £195/day when i get called in as tech support for the summer school (which i will since somebody has to put ink in the printers when they run it out...). Since they havent yet asked me to come in this year I may suggest it when i get the phone call asking me to come in... especially since i have told the management that i am officially on holiday this year :)

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well if you get bored you can pop round and give me a hand and i'll ensure that i come to the unofficial and you can have a drive! ;-)

Though i managed to get in the fast lane of the motorway tonight with the 3.5 and have found i can cruise at around 65 now the gas kit has been broken in :) so looking forward to being able to accelerate quicker :)