MileMarker Hub Conversion

Has anyone ever used the Mile Marker hub conversion kit? I was looking at it and it is about $300 cheaper then a Warn kit. I know the old saying, you get what you pay for. Just wondering..

Thanks,

Ben 95 YJ 2.5L

Reply to
Ben

If it is made in China like the winches, I wouldn't use them. I have troubles with stock Jeep hubs, I blow them up. I just compared a stock one with a Warn one and wow, the Warn one is more than twice as heavy, literally.

Mike

Ben wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I didn't know they were made in China... What is so funny.. According to their website, the US Army is converting from Warn electric winches to MileMarker hydraulic winches...

I thought that US Military contracts has to filled using materials made in United States.. Hmmm...

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L

Reply to
Ben

Nope, there is a big thread on that going on the last few days. The military went with the cheapest they could get. Period.

Made in China all the way.

Mike

Ben wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That sucks... I know I am not going by them then.. When I do the conversion.. I will go with Warn then.. Thanks Mike..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

I do not know where the milemarker hubs come from. Maybe they are local?

Mike

Ben wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

you should get your facts straight before dispensing advice on them, or at least not let your own preferences lead you to dispensing bad advice. the mile marker ELECTRIC winches are rebadged china winches. the mile marker HYDRAULIC winches, which you are addressing here, are american made.

building the hydraulics cheaper than the competitors have nothing to do with substandard components. they can build hydraulic winches cheaper than warn because they have been building hydraulic winches from day one and theyre tooled up and running (not to mention capable of meeting production demands). warn is just now trying to get into the hydraulic winch business and are failing at it worse than mile markers attempt to enter the electric market.

Reply to
montanajeeper

nobody here has yet determined they were made in china. mike is guessing partially because he doesnt know, and partially because he prefers warn.

nothing funny about that. the hydraulic winch is far superior to the electric winch for military applications. the hydraulic winch is built right here in america, and is the cornerstone of mile marker. the electric winch is just a cheaper alternative for those who want to go electric but cant afford to shell out $700+ for a winch.

Reply to
montanajeeper

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well there you go, that thread got so lost in BS so fast, all I got out of it was milemarker were supplying the US military and made in China....

I did point him to it.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to