Motor question

I have a Ford 360 at my disposal, free, what kind of hassle would I have adapting this to a t-150? I have not pulled the 360 yet from this old F-100, but once I get rid of the hull, I have to find something to do with this engine . Thought it might be fun to cram it into the CJ.

Any thoughts?

JLT1

Reply to
JLT1

You might also think about using the transmission from the Ford too. A Ford transmission to Jeep transfer case adapter might be cheaper than a Ford engine to Jeep transmission adapter. There is lots of information on the Advance Adapters site.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

This is one reason I decided to stick with the four cylinder engine. ;o)

I have been involved with a couple engine swaps. The first one wound up getting redone because the Ford originally used was less than optimal, and we replaced it with a Chevy. The transmission to transfer case adapter for the Ford was composed of angle iron welded together (!). One thing that I learned from this experience is that a free donor engine is not necessarily a bargain, but the engine that does exactly what you want is a bargain no matter what you pay for it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The 352, 360, 390, 427 and 428 all used the same block. Don't recall a FoMoCo 426...maybe Mopar?

Reply to
Bill Beyer

Not me. I like to bash the 4.0 myself. Over powered, insufficient cooling, adds excess weight, who needs it in a Wrangler? Flat head four banger was good enough for my dad in WWII...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Earle,

I thought you were always bashing the 'ol 2.5L. I may be mistaken, of course...

Eric

99 TJ SE

necessarily

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Do you use yours as a daily driver?

message

Reply to
Eric

Nawww, he only drives it nightly, when the speed limit is lower and it can keep up.

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Hee hee hee... Got one of those, too... :) TJim

98 TJ SE 90 SJ GW
Reply to
TJim