My Cherokee rattles over bumps

Any ideas ?

Neither me nor my garage can see anything loose underneath, but my 94 Cherokee rattles from the rear underneath somewhere when I go over speed bumps, seems to be less annoying the faster I go over them

Exhaust is ok

It's on the downward stroke if that helps !!

Reply to
94JeepMan

My 93 rattles as well... your not driving a high end sports car ....

Did you check the bushings? on everything? if they haven't been changed and you have high mileage I'd start with those, I'd also look at shocks and even springs (I have one leaf that's cracked, original bushings for the most part and 374,000 km's plus).

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Do you have a receiver type trailer hitch? They rattle.

Rick

Reply to
HeBeJeepN

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That'd be my guess too.

Reply to
whodat

Thanks all for your help so far, I'll have a look over the weekend.

Any other suggestions welcomed

94JeepMan wrote:

Reply to
94JeepMan

I would recommend you put 3 or 4 good sized boys in the back and then jump up and down on the back bumper to see just where that tail pipe is tagging. Edge of the gas tank is my guess.

Mike

94JeepMan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:18:18 -0700 in , L.W.(ßill) Hughes III graced the world with this thought:

My thought about the leaf springs, too. My CJ sounds like it's cracking it's knuckles when the weather is right, and took me a couple years to figure it out... I didn't know whether or not a Cherokee had them...

Reply to
bizbee