Wet highway puddle problem

Hi professors, When I'm traveling long distance on the highway and I hit a puddle I notice my TJ I6 looses power and slowly regains power and gets back up to speed in a matter of (I thinnk) several seconds. I say "I think" because I haven't traveled for a few years but am planning a trip soon. The first thing I thought of was the generator needed a cowl but it seem well protected. What may be causing this puddle power loss? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Friction.

Mike

p>

Reply to
Mike Romain

While you are IN the puddle, the water will slow you down. If the slow-down is after the puddle, the only thing I can think of is water on one or more of the pulleys causing the belt to slip, but that shouldn't reduce your power..

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed